Ambassador Program – Practical Information
To be an ambassador of Meet in Reykjavík means that people officially are listed as such as they believe they have connections, ability and willingness to promote Iceland as a meeting destination for either big corporate meetings or conferences. History shows that limited number of individuals have been the key influencers of bringing large meetings/conferences to Iceland.
Meet in Reykjavik is a convention Bureau and serves as a global marketing representative within the Meetings industry. We provide marketing material that reveals what Reykjavik and Iceland can offer as a destination for conferences, meetings, incentives and events. We also help in bidding processes for associations. Our service is free of charge.
WE RECRUIT THE BEST
Meet in Reykjavík Ambassadors are professionals that are proud of the country they live and work in. They may already have practical experience securing and organizing conferences in their chosen field, or demonstrated the potential to do so but this is not a requirement. The bureau has access to associated partners who represent the very best professionals with a great deal of knowledge on of how to plan MICE events in the most effortless and professional way – and it is the choice of the Meet in Reykjavík Ambassador how much she/he wants to contribute.
Meet in Reykjavík will equip Ambassadors with free and impartial advice and support on all aspects of conference planning and organization.
Our Meet in Reykjavík Ambassador club will be strengthened by a group of Meet in Reykjavík Honorary Ambassadors. They are appointed by the partners and the board of Meet in Reykjavík as well as other Meet in Reykjavik Ambassadors. Meet in Reykjavík Honorary Ambassadors are both Icelanders and foreigners that have strong ties to Iceland and who have excelled in their field internationally. Our Meet in Reykjavík Honorary Ambassadors will meet once a year in Iceland to brainstorm with representatives from the management and board of Meet in Reykjavík.
To be or become a Meet in Reykjavík Ambassador is highly rewarding, as it;
- Enhances the reputation of her/his area of expertise both nationally and internationally
- Increases the reputation of her/his department, organisation or subject
- She/he will be invited to attend regular networking events at key venues
- Receive official acclaim for her/his participation and exposure
- Earns recognition for her/his contribution to motivate the hosting of an international conference
- Stimulates funding and invest opportunities
WHAT IS THE MEET IN REYKJAVIK AMBASSADORS FIELD OF FUNCTION?
Not only do Meet in Reykjavík Ambassadors encourage their association to hold meetings and congresses in Reykjavík as well as exclusive events and workshops, they open doors for Meet in Reykjavik. Meet in Reykjavík Ambassadors also share their expertise and experience with future Meet in Reykjavík Ambassadors and stimulate network building and professional profiling for Meet in Reykjavik as well as others.
Members of Meet in Reykjavík Ambassador Club Are:
- Leaders in their fields, such as in the medical, scientific, financial, cultural, artistic, commercial,and academic sectors
- Influential individuals and industry specialists
- Local researchers, academics and professionals
- Active members of associations and professional bodies relating to their field of expertise
Are you a future Ambassador?
- Are you a member of an international association?
- Do you participate in organizing or do you have the ability to instigate the next venue for conferences or meetings of your association?
- Are you in the position to influence which destination is chosen?
- Are you interested in bringing your association’s conference to Reykjavik?
The dedicated team of Meet in Reykjavik will offer impartial advice on all aspects of influencing that your conference will be held in Reykjavik, from initial bidding to attract a conference, through to contract negotiation, sales and successful hosting;
- Marketing material and information about Reykjavik and surrounding area
- App for iOS and Android that showcases Reykjavik as a MICE destination (meetings, incentives, conferences, events/exhibitions)
- Bid documentation preparation and presentation
- Hosted site visits
- Venue searching on potential venues to match the requirements
- Bid documentation preparation and presentation
- Introduction to Professional Conference Organizers, Destination Management Companies and other trade professional companies in the business tourism sector
- Accommodation for delegates
- Advice on tours and social programmes
- Delegate relevant information as well as a complimentary map of Reykjavik
- Provide greeting space at Keflavik Airport for the delegates at their arrival
The services of Meet in Reykjavik are free of charge.